Wednesday, February 20, 2008

So Many Worthy Charities, So Little to Give

I've long been interested in trying to maximize my charitable donation, to give to the best charities and go where the Spirit sendeth. This is a blog to jot down stray thoughts on the subject. I'd prefer this blog remain anonymous, as charitable giving itself should be. I welcome your comments, ideas, suggestions and corrections.

I aim for an allocation of 50% to the Church and 50% to the poor. Last year's allocation went:

My parish church: 43%
Aid to the poor*: 21%
Evangelistic**: 16%
Catholic schools***: 9%
Other: 11%

* = Catholic Relief Services, local food bank, etc...
**= EWTN, Catholic Answers, St. Paul Center, and Catholic Radio Association
***=aid for families with multiple tuitions; Institute for the Psychological Sciences.
I'd like to cover the corporal and spiritual work of mercies although perhaps instead I should devote all the charitable money for a particular month to the charity I am most passionate about at the moment.

1 comment:

CHARLAX said...

http://poncer.blogspot.com/2008/07/gopniks-chesterton-its-not-everyday-you.html
they dont have a place to comment on this so eye linked to this
hello
eye love to BLOGGER

http://poetrypoem.com/cgi-bin/index.pl?poemnumber=892167&sitename=charlax&password=&poemoffset=0&displaypoem=t&item=poetry