Wednesday, March 12, 2008

On Junk Mail

Here:

Denying Charities Your Support

Yesterday I was asked by a friend if I have a way of getting rid of charity junk mail from organizations that I don't want to support. Below is the text of the letter that Mary Alice and I send to some of the charities we can not in good conscience support. We have similar letters on file for groups and organizations that are involved with other activities and violations of human dignity and social justice. If you want to use this, just copy and paste into a Word document, add your address and, voila! No more amoral imbeciles begging for funds and filling up your recycling bin.

To Whom It May Concern:

While I greatly appreciate your virtuous intentions to help those who are in need in our society, I am writing to advise you that I cannot in anyway support your activities or programs on the basis of moral and ethical objections....more:

No comments: